Tonight I devote my entire FBN show to Congressman Paul.
I bring in an Obama impersonator for him to debate. Will their debate foreshadow the 2012 Presidential campaign? Probably not, but who knows?
Paul will also debate foreign policy with Lt Col Tony Shaffer.
And historian Thaddeus Russell argues that Dr. Paul makes a mistake to campaign as a Republican. Thaddeus points out that on many issues, Paul has more in common with the left than the right. For example:
-War on drugs
-Poker crackdowns and the War on Gambling
-Civil liberties and the Patriot Act
-Policing speech, obscenity
Also, a number of libertarian bills were co-sponsored by leftists:
- Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act (w/ Barney Frank)
- Internet Gambling Regulation and Enforcement Act (w/ Barney Frank)
- American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007 (w/ Kucinich – anti-torture, Bush terror policies)
- Repeal the Military Selective Service Act (w/ Tammy Baldwin)
- Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 (w/ Bernie Sanders)
- True Patriot Act of 2007 (w/ Kucinich – abolishes Patriot Act)
I doubt that that Russell can convince Ron Paul. Also, the left is utterly and hopelessly hostile to free markets, often supports speech censorship and usually supports corporate welfare, as long as it’s “green.” But Russell makes an interesting argument.