Spreadtrum Communications, Pegasystems Among Stocks Gapping Down Friday
Published August 10, 2012
These stocks gapped down today and had opening prices sharply lower than the close on the previous trading day:
- With an opening price of $16.99, Spreadtrum Communications (SPRD) gapped down from its previous close of $19.36. Shares are trading at a volume of 1.3 million at a price decrease of 9.3%. Shares are down $1.44 (-7.6%) from a price of $18.99 on August 3, 2012. The stock has dropped a step closer to its 200-day moving average, sitting just 1.6% above the mark.
- After closing the previous trading session at $27.02, Pegasystems (PEGA) gapped down with an opening price of $22.51. Shares have dropped 3.8%, trading at a volume of 330,424. Over the last three months, the stock has lost $7.63 (-22.7%) from a price of $33.63 on May 15, 2012. The stock is trading at 89.2% of its 50-day moving average and 81.3% of its 200-day moving average.
- SS and C Technologies Holdings (SSNC) opened at $22 after closing the previous trading session at $25.29, gapping down. The stock price is down 7.2% with a volume of 223,829. The stock has been losing steam over the last month, dropping $2.95 (-11.2%) from a price of $26.41 on July 12, 2012. The stock is trading 3% above its 200-day moving average.
- Sunshine Heart (SSH) opened at $6.70, gapping down from its previous close of $8.20. Shares are trading at a volume of 455,679 at a price decrease of 16%.
- GeoGlobal Resources (GGR) opened at 15 cents after closing the previous trading session at 18 cents, gapping down. While trading at a volume of 161,725, the stock price has fallen 4%.