The Business of Super Bowl XLVIII
There's nothing small about this year’s big game: the crowds, the money, the hype. And it all means big business.
- Ticket prices:
- The median price for a ticket is $3,298, with an overall average price of $3,721, according to SeatGeek.
- Expected temperature on game day:
- High of 36 degrees.
- Highest attended game:
- Super Bowl XIV between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Los Angeles Rams in 1980 with 103,985 people in attendance.
- Food consumption:
- 1.25 billion wings will be devoured during the big game, according to the National Chicken Council.
- If you build it, they will come:
- MetLife Stadium in Northern New Jersey opened in 2010 and cost $1.6 billion.
Latest News and Features
Toymaker GoldieBlox Wins $4 Million Super Bowl Ad
The winner of the Intuit Small Business Big Game competition is GoldieBlox, which makes educational toys for girls.
New Jersey 'Jock Tax' Tackles Super Bowl Earnings
There's at least one blitz Peyton Manning won't be able to avoid. And it's coming from New Jersey's Treasury Department.
What's Keeping Fans Out of Stadiums
Most professional sports teams rely on filling stadiums as their main revenue source, but that’s not the case for football. Ironically, it’s the league’s biggest revenue source, TV, that ha...
PepsiCo shells out big bucks for Super Bowl sponsorship
Fox Business' Seana Smith on PepsiCo's partnership with the NFL
Gangsters Set to Rake in Millions From Counterfeit NFL Jerseys
Sophisticated crime rings are developing pop-up e-marketplaces and sourcing cheap apparel from abroad, readying to profit millions of dollars selling counterfeit goods to unsuspecting deal hunters.
NJ taxes could gobble up Peyton Manning's Super Bowl $$
Octagon Financial Services tax director Sean Packard on Peyton Manning's potential New Jersey tax bill.
GoDaddy Ad-Maker on 2014 Super Bowl Marketing Trends
With more than 110 million viewers tuning in to the Super Bowl, the heat is on for advertisers. Deutsch NY CEO Val DiFebo weighs in on the marketing trends surrounding the big game this year.