FOX Business iPhone Application
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Fox Business App for iPhone?
The Fox Business App for iPhone is designed and built specifically for iPhone with software version 5.0 or higher. The application provides the latest business news and market data wherever you are.
What features does the Fox Business App for iPhone offer?
The Fox Business App for iPhone features the latest business headlines, including articles and video clips, live TV broadcasts of Fox Business Network and Fox News Channel with TV Everywhere*, video updates throughout the day via the Fox Business Minute, real time market and stock data, live streaming videos, stock portfolio tracking and stock alerts.
*available on approved cable, satellite, and telco packages
How do I download the Fox Business App for iPhone?
The Fox Business App for iPhone can be downloaded on the App StoreSM here.
Does the Fox Business App for iPhone cost anything?
Fox Business does not charge for the application at this time. Please note that in the absence of a WiFi connection, the Fox Business App for iPhone may use your iPhone's cellular network connection to access and download content. Please check with your carrier to see if you will be charged for usage.
Live TV: Can I watch Fox Business Network on the application?
You can watch all of your favorite Fox Business Network and Fox News Channel programming live on your iPhone and/or iPad as long as you have access to the respective channels through your current cable, satellite or telco TV subscription.
Live TV: How do I log in?
- Tap the Videos icon at the bottom of your screen
- Tap LIVE TV - Tune in Now
- Tap either Fox Business Network or Fox News Channel
- Select your cable, satellite, or telco company from the list of participating service providers
- Before typing in your username and password, confirm that you have access to Fox Business Network and/or Fox News Channel in your current cable or satellite TV subscription
- Enter your username and password - this is the same account information you use to pay your TV service provider bill online
- Tap sign-in
- Once you have correctly entered your login information, the grey key will change to yellow, and you can begin watching Fox Business Network and/or Fox News Channel live
- When you are finished viewing, tap the Done button in the top left corner to return to the previous screen
Live TV: Do I need to be in my home to watch?
No - By signing in with your cable, satellite or telco company user name and password, you can access the live programming from anywhere, on WiFi, or cellular connection. Video quality can vary, depending on your connection strength.
Live TV: I don't see my cable, satellite or telco company listed. How can I watch?
Contact your cable, satellite or telco provider for more information.
Live TV: I don't know my username or password. How do I get it?
Contact your cable, satellite or telco provider and they can help you out.
Live TV: I received the message: "Sorry, you do not currently have access to this channel." What do I do?
You may not have access to either Fox News Channel or Fox Business Network. Contact your cable, satellite or telco provider for information on your subscription.
Live TV: Do I need to sign in each time I want to watch?
No, your login information should be valid for at least 30 days.
Live TV: I've switched cable companies - Can I still watch Live TV?
Yes, if your new package includes our channels and your new provider is available in the app. Tap Log Out on the Live TV page and then tap your new cable, satellite or telco provider to log in with your new username and password.
Live TV: I'm streaming Fox Business Network or Fox News Channel, but the video player is black and I can only hear the audio - is something wrong?
The video quality is dependent on your wireless network and signal strength. If you do not have a strong enough connection, you may only have access to the audio stream.
Live TV: I'm streaming Fox Business Network or Fox News Channel, but I can't hear the audio and volume is turned up - is something wrong?
This may be because your device is set to mute. Please follow the instructions below to double check if your device is currently set to mute.
- Tap the + Volume button the side of your iPhone to make sure the volume is turned up
- If you still do not hear the audio, toggle the side switch on the side of your iPhone (so you can no longer see the red line)
Airplane Mode: Can I read the news offline or in Airplane Mode?
Yes, you can read the latest news from the last time your device was connected to the Internet. Please note that some features require a network connection and will not be available when you are offline.
The articles and videos appear to be outdated - How can I refresh the content?
To refresh the content on the app, tap and drag the article list downwards, and release to see the content refresh.
Alerts: How do I sign up for Breaking News alerts?
- Go to Settings on your iPhone homescreen
- Tap Notifications
- Turn Notifications ON to enable alerts
- Tap Fox Business under Notifications, turn Alerts ON and select your alert preferences
Alerts: How do I disable Breaking News alerts?
- Go to Settings on your iPhone homescreen
- Tap Notifications
- Tap Fox Business under Notifications
- Make sure Notification Center is switched OFF, select None under Alert Style, switch Sounds OFF and View in Lock Screen to OFF
Stocks: How do I access stock charts?
- Type in a stock symbol or company name in the search box and tap Enter
- Select the stock you would like to view
- Once on the stock page, rotate your iPhone to landscape mode to view the stock chart
- Tap the 1D label in the top right corner of the chart to open a dropdown to select different stock chart durations
My Stocks: How do I add a stock to My Stocks?
- Search for the symbol or company name in the stock search box at the top of the app
- Press the blue + icon next to the search results to add that stock to your portfolio
- Alternately, you can add a stock to My Stocks from any Stock Page by tapping the blue + icon to the left of the stock's name
My Stocks: How do I delete a stock from My Stocks?
- Tap the Edit button on the My Stocks page
- Then tap the red - icon to the left of the stock
- Alternately, you can delete a stock from My Stocks from any Stock Page by tapping the red - icon to the left of the stock's name
Stock Alerts: How do I set up a stock Alert?
You may set up stock alerts for the stocks you are tracking in My Stocks.
- On the My Stocks page select the bell icon next to the stock price to access the Stock Alert settings page
- Tap ON and then set a High and/or a Low stock price to be alerted when the selected stock exceeds or drops below these values
- Tap the Update button to save your alert
Stock Alerts: How do I cancel a stock alert?
- To cancel a stock alert, tap OFF on the Stock Alert settings page
- Save your changes by selecting the Update button on the top right corner of the screen
How do I change the font size?
You can change the font size on the article pages. At the bottom of the screen there is a large A and a small A, tap the large A to increase the font size, tap the small A to decrease it. The font size you select will be saved for future articles.
My News: How do I save an article or video to read later?
- To save an article, tap the star on the bottom right corner of the screen on an article page (tap the star icon a second time to remove the article from My News)
- For a video, tap the star on the video info page to save it for later (tap the star icon a second time to remove the video from My News)
- To view your saved stories in My News, slide the content slider to the right and tap My News
Sharing: How can I share Fox Business articles, videos, and photos?
You can share Fox Business content via email, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Just click on the share icon on article, photo, or video page and select email, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter
- You will be prompted to log in to Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter if you choose to share through these platforms
What if I have feedback or more questions?
We would love to hear from you! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Fox Business iPhone App" in the subject line if you have additional questions or would like to provide feedback.
Or, you can email us directly from the app - tap the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen, then tap Feedback.