RAYTHEON (RTN) – technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world.
- Currently has about 1,400 positions open, with 350 college positions posted for Spring and Fall recruiting
- Top Jobs: Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Supply Chain/Purchasing
- Currently concentrating on hiring at East Coast facilities (MA, MD, VA, PA, FL)
- Has been designated a “Best Place to Work” by the Human Rights Campaign
- Raytheon leads the defense industry in international sales with 26% of total annual sales
- Find out more information at www.raytheon.com/careers
DOLLAR GENERAL (DG) – U.S. chain of variety stores.
- Plans to add an additional 6,000 new jobs in 2013 with the addition of 635 new stores. Has created approximately 30,000 jobs in last 6 years
- Top Jobs: retail store positions (sales associates, retail management) as well as general warehouse workers
- Hiring in 40 states and for new distribution center in Bethel Township, PA, which is slated to open in early 2014
- Dollar General works with a program called “Paychecks for Patriots” which helps unemployed veterans by equipping them with better access to job opportunities
- It is also on G.I. Jobs magazine’s “100 Most Military Friendly Employers
- Find more information at www.dollargeneral.com/careers
TITLEMAX – one of the nation’s largest and most reputable title lending companies.
- Has more than 360 nationwide and continuously increasing due to company growth.
- Top Jobs: Customer Service Rep (up to $25k), Store Manager ($25k-$45k), General Manager ($40k-$150k)
- TitleMax is always closed on Sundays, so you'll never will work that day. Company also offers accelerated career advancement & company training
- Has over 1,000 stores in 12 states
- Find more info at www.titlemax.biz/careers
PANERA BREAD (PNRA) – chain of bakery–café quick casual restaurants in the United States and Canada.
- Hopes to hire 25,000+ employees across the country
- Top Jobs: Bakers, Retail Managers, Cafe Associates, Drivers, and Facility Managers.
- Jobs are available across the country, but they especially need associates in Boston, New Jersey, LA region and the San Francisco Bay area.
- Salaries range from hourly to $90K + for the majority of positions available & all full-time positions (including hourly) include benefits.
- Panera also just opened its 5th Panera Cares Café which does not have cash registers or set prices, only suggested donation amounts & donation bins. Care Café’s goal is to fight food insecurity.
- Find more info at www.panerabread.com/about/careers
NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL – leading financial security company
- Intends to add more than 5,500 financial professionals in 2013, which is the company’s largest recruitment effort in its 156 year history. Added 5,000 jobs in 2012.
- Top Jobs: Financial Representatives (2,500 openings) and 3,000 Financial Representative Interns (45% of companies senior field management began at company as interns)
- The company’s internship was listed as a Top 10 Internships in America by Vault.com for the past 15 years
- FORTUNE named it among the “World’s Most Admired” life insurance companies in 2012
- Find more info at www.northwesternmutual.com/career-opportunities
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.