WASHINGTON – The Obama administration says some functions of HealthCare.gov will be temporarily shut down overnight as the website transitions to the start of sign-up season on Saturday.
Continue Reading Below
Spokeswoman Lori Lodes (Low-dess) said Friday that consumers will not be able to update or start new 2014 applications during the overnight transition. However, they will still be able to look at plans and premiums for 2015 during this time.
Lodes says that when consumers wake up Saturday morning the site will be working, and they will be able to sign up for 2015 coverage. She gives no specific time.
Last year, HealthCare.gov was plagued by technical problems. It froze the first day, and repairs took about two months. The administration says that won't happen this year, though there may be some outages.