Everyone has an idea, sometimes it’s a good idea, sometimes it isn’t, but I love this story: Three entrepreneurs from Seattle decided to launch a new chain of restaurants solely focused on what they loved -- teriyaki. There are plenty of jobs out there, so whether its your first company or with Marriott International, there's something there.
Continue Reading Below
Teriyaki Madness -- Asian restaurant
- It has 16 locations across the U.S.
- Will hire 100 to 150-plus employees by the end of the year
- Top jobs: cashiers, cooks and prep
- Believes in developing from within so whenever possible, people are promoted to managers (managers can make $32K - $40K a year)
- Expanding in Arizona, California, Florida, Michigan, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio and Virginia
- Whenever they open a new location, they have a VIP night where all team members can have family and friends come for a free meal
- Fore more information go to: www.TeriyakiMadness.com
Sports Clips -- Sports-theme hair care franchise for men and boys
- Has more than 367 jobs to fill by the end of the year
- Top jobs: store managers and stylists
- Stylists can make $25K to $40K and managers can make up to $60K - $80K
- Expanding in all 50 states, with a lot of stores opening in the Northeast, California and Florida
- Its "Help a Hero" campaign raised more than $2 million to help U.S. Service Members call home through the Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Also gives scholarships to active-duty soldiers and vets (It's raising money for the program now through Veterans Day)
- For more information go to: SportsClips.com
Continue Reading Below
Spiceworks -- Network for IT professionals to connect with tech brands
- Currently has 23 jobs open nationwide, but looking to hire over 100 next year
- Top jobs: software engineer, developer and sales
- In addition to other benefits, Spiceworks offers health memberships to clubs in every area
- Other perks include: Breakfast Taco Mondays, Bagel Fridays, Friday happy hours, crossfit and yoga on site, casual dress code
- To learn more go to: www.spiceworks.com/jobs
Marriott International -- Hotel chain with over 4,100 properties in 79 counties and territories
- Currently has 4,952 open positions in the U.S.
- Top jobs: food and beverage services, guest services and front desk, housekeeping, culinary, engineering and facilities maintenance
- Expanding in Florida, Maine, Texas, Ohio, North Carolina, Oregon, California and Washington, D.C.
- In April, Marriott asked associates to share photos of where they work, and later this year the photos will be matched to job descriptions on the Marriott career site for job seekers to see, and making it a Trip Advisor-like experience.
- For more information go to: www.marriott.com/careers