This week I featured not just companies, but events, that can get you hired.
Continue Reading Below
First, Michigan is holding a huge job event at Ford Field in Detroit, and there are thousands of jobs (see below).
I like this particular event because many of these companies have high salaries and good benefits. Also, Frannet (details below) matches franchisees with franchisors, and if you want to be your own boss, take a look at what they have to offer.
PURE MICHIGAN DREAM JOBS SUMMIT – An initiative to help fill some of the 70,000-plus jobs in Michigan and attract talent to the state.
- There are more than 1,100 jobs available during the Pure Michigan Dream Job Event.
- There are more than 110 companies participating in the event including AmWay, Bosch, GE, Whirlpool, La-Z-Boy and car companies like Chrysler, Ford, & General Motors.
- Top Jobs: Engineering, marketing, IT, and design.
- The University of Michigan has forecast that Michigan will add 130,000 jobs in the next few years.
- The Jobs Summit will be held on June 13, 2014, at Ford Field in Detroit. It is put on by the MI Economic Development Corporation and connects job seekers with the companies.
- Must register for the summit by APRIL 30th (note: registration doesn’t guarantee entry -- you will be pre-screened for qualifications and invited to event).
- For more information and to register go to: www.puremichigandreamjob.com
Continue Reading Below
ADT – A leading provider of electronic security, interactive home and business automation and monitoring services for residences and small businesses.
- Currently has approximately 825 open positions in the U.S. and plans to hire approximately 6,500 new team members this year.
- Top Jobs: Sales, Customer Care, Operation Positions (Installers), Corporate Positions
- Hiring across the U.S. but especially in CO, TN, TX, NY, FL for Customer Care and Corporate positions.
- Benefits include tuition reimbursement, where eligible employees get 100% tuition reimbursement of up to $7,500 each year for career-related coursework.
- Find more information at www.JobsAtADT.com
MOLINA HEALTHCARE – Healthcare company that provides health plans through programs funded by the government, such as Medicaid and Medicare.
- Just opened an office in Springdale, OH (Greater Cincinnati) and plans to hire more than 300 employees over the next several months.
- Top Jobs: RN’s, Case Manages, Social Workers, Supervisors/Managers, Community Outreach Coordinators.
- Started in CA as a primary-care clinic with the goal of treating the lowest-income patients. Now has 29 clinics in CA, WA, NM, FL, UT and VA.
- Sells licensed health plans in OH, CA, FL, IL, MI, NM, SC, TX, UT, WA and WI and has 2.1 million members.
- Find more information at www.molinahealthcare.com.
FRANNET – Private company that matches individuals with franchise opportunities by determining a business model unique to each client's goals, skill sets and interests.
- Expects to place more than 700 people into new businesses this year.
- Top Franchises: senior care, semi-absentee retail, and electronics repair.
- Company has been named to Inc. Magazine's fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the past four years.
- Find more information at www.frannet.com
BOJANGLES – Quick-service restaurant chain known for its chicken and home-made biscuits (and breakfast is served all day).
- Looking to fill more than 3,000 jobs in 2014. Plans to open a minimum of 30 franchise- owned locations and 25 corporate-owned locations in 2014.
- Top Jobs: Shift Leaders & Managers (up to $13/hr), Assistant Unit Director. ($28k-$37k + bonuses), Unit Director ($37k-$52k + bonuses), Area Directors (+$55k).
- Promotes from within as often as possible. Many employees who started at an entry-level position have worked their way up through the store.
- Focusing on hiring/opening new stores in NC, SC. GA, AL, FL, VA, TN and other areas throughout the Southeast.
- Offers benefits to full-time, salaried employees and has an incentive program at the store- level to award excellence, Also awards 10 scholarships each year to employees or eligible family members.
- Forbes ranked Bojangles’ as one of the 12 Best Franchises to Own.
- Find more information on jobs at www.bojangles.com/about/employment and franchise opportunities at www.bojangles.com/about/franchise