This week’s companies are a bit out of the box, in that they represent jobs for college students, office space managers, and those that don’t mind a little “customer care”. Apologies for being a week late, but I am working a bit too much lately!
Continue Reading Below
REGUS – The world’s largest provider of flexible workspaces from fully equipped offices to professional meetings to business lounges.
- Currently has about 140 open positions but plans to add 80-100 jobs a month this year (plans to open 2,000 centers by end of 2014 and 2-3 jobs per center)
- Top Jobs: General Managers, Area Sales Managers & Customer Service Representatives
- General Managers & Area Sales Managers can make $60k-$90k & Customer Service Reps can make $30k-$38k GMs & ASMs also earn commission
- Benefits include 24 days off the first year and an uncapped commission. Lots of growth potential within company (VPs who started as Customer Service Reps, for example)
- Growing in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Maryland, New Jersey and Chicago
- Find more information at www.reguscareers.com
STRYKER - Medical technology company.
- Hiring more than 150 in Michigan, website lists over 300 openings nationwide
- Top Jobs: Engineering, Operations, Product Development, Marketing and Sales
- Named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies 2013 for the 12th consecutive year
- Also named a FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For 2013 - # 61 on the list
- Find more information at www.stryker.com/careers For MI jobs go to www.mitalent.org and search for “stryker”
Continue Reading Below
CAPITAL ONE – U.S.-based bank holding company specializing in credit cards, home loans, auto loans, banking and savings.
- Hiring “hundreds” across the U.S. but is adding 175 new jobs in Sioux Falls, SD, making it one of the top-10 employers in the region
- This will be the 2nd expansion in Sioux Falls after taking over an HSBC location in the area.
- Top Jobs: Customer Care: Tellers and Contact Center Representatives, Finance, IT
- In March 2012, Capital One made a 3-year, $4.5 million commitment to support the US Chamber's Hiring our Heroes program and its Hiring 500,000 Heroes campaign
- Named a 100 Best Companies to Work For By FORTUNE Magazine (#98)
- Find more information at www.capitalonecareers.com
EMPLOYMENT OPTIONS, INC. – Helps people on SSI/SSDI and other challenges return to the workforce through “Ticket to Work” program (contacted through FF Job Hunt!)
- Has up to 1,000 jobs available
- Top Jobs: Customer Service, Benefits Advisors, Technical Specialists, Medical Case Management, Order Taking, Reservations and Billing
- Specializes in Work At Home jobs! WAT Customer Service jobs pay about $7-20 an hour
- Selected in 2012 by the Social Security Administration as the agency’s “Effective Practices and Collaboration Model” to help other employment networks with their placement procedures.
- Find more information at www.MyEmploymentOptions.com (to work for them check out: http://myemploymentoptions.com/work-at-home-jobs/; to get help finding a job look here: http://myemploymentoptions.com/for-job-seekers/)
TOPPERS PIZZA – Pizza franchise.
- Will add roughly 360 to 480 jobs to local economies as a result of 12 to 16 planned openings across U.S.
- Top Jobs: Pizza Makers, Drivers and Asst. Managers, Marketing Analyst, Department Assistant, Purchasing Director, Managers
- Toppers will employ roughly 368 to 588 college students across the company.
- Focusing on Midwestern markets for expansion, including developing in Chicago, Indianapolis, and Minneapolis as well as Cincinnati, Dallas / Fort Worth
- Find more information at www.toppers.com/careers