With the impact of health-care reform still unfolding, many companies are trying to control costs any way they can. Bring in a company like Carenet, and you have a prescription for jobs! The Top Five Companies Hiring This Week and their websites are below.
CARENET SERVICES – an American provider of care management and health-care solutions to private and public institutions
- Hiring 450-500 now, 250-300 in their corporate HQ in San Antonio, TX, and 200 RNs across the country.
- Top Jobs: RNs, Customer Care, Infrastructure and Security, Business and Product Development, Client Relationship and Operations Management, HR, Marketing and Finance.
- RNs can work from home office and respond to patients’ health information questions. Also evaluate symptoms & provide recommendations for home care or professional/emergency care.
- Ranked as an INC Fastest Growing Company and was voted by employees as one of the Best Places to Work in San Antonio.
*Find out more info at: www.callcarenet.com/careers
JAMBA JUICE - retailer of healthy blended beverages, juices, and good-for-you snacks.
- Hiring 3,500 for summer work.
- Hiring is up from last year (2,500 last year).
- Top Jobs: Team Members (starting salary - $8 p/h) & Shift Managers (starting salary - $10 p/h).
- Hopes these seasonal positions will turn full-time. Also hiring full-time in some stores.
- Has a benefits package for team members, but it only starts after 90 days on the job.
- Jamba plans to develop 60-80 new stores globally in 2013, which would hire 15-20 new employees per store.
*Find out more info at: http://jambajuice.com/careers
GATE GOURMET - the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry.
- Currently has 395 openings, plans to hire 4,000 full-time employees in 2013.
- Top Jobs: executive chefs; safety, quality assurance, transportation, materials, engineering, customer service, food production and equipment/facility maintenance.
- Also hiring at corporate offices for sales, supply chain, finance or other support functions.
- The average professional employee earns $60,000 a year while hourly union represented employees have fixed rates that differ from city to city. Hourly employees also receive free meals.
- Expanding in the VA/DC metro Area, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chicago, Honolulu, Boston, New York, Cincinnati, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Diego and Seattle.
*Find out more info at: www.gategourmet.jobs
NAPA AUTO PARTS - an automotive replacement parts and accessories retailer.
- Has 700 career opportunities (this number doesn’t include the 4,800 independently owned stores, so that means there’s even more).
- Top Jobs: Store Owners (80% of stores independent), Store Managers, Counter Sales, District Sales Managers (product sales representatives), Delivery Drivers.
- Plans to open 100 new stores this year across the country.
- Offers full benefits to full-time employees. Hiring part-time, full-time, hourly, and salaried positions.
*Find out more info at: www.napaautojobs.com
HURRICANE GRILL & WINGS – a franchised restaurant chain, best known for its hot wings and its signature sauces.
- Hiring about 420 by end of March for 7 new restaurant openings. Plans to open an additional 20 new restaurants by the end of the year.
- Top Jobs: Managers, wait staff, cooks, and hosts.
- Manager salaries can range from $30k to $60k.
- Hiring in particular in Elkton, MD, Orange Beach, AL, Minnetonka, MN, Poughkeepsie, NY, Manorville, NY, Houston and Littleton, CO, by end of March.
- There are more than 48 locations, including Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Texas.
- Named a “10 Great Places to Wing it” by USA Today.
*Find out more info at: www.hurricanewings.com
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.