Our top company today is Boeing. It’s an example of a company that is both hiring and firing as the U.S. government scales back its defense budget, and its new Dreamliner and the commercial side of the business are doing well.
BOEING –the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems
* Has 500+ job openings and expects to hire 12,000 people by the end of the year (Note: 12,000 is total for all hiring activity, including normal attrition replacements)
* Top Jobs
* A lot of openings available, specifically in Washington, Missouri and South Carolina
* Boeing employment levels increased by roughly 11,000 in 2011 (note: 11,000 is also a net number)
* Visit www.boeing.com/careers for more information.
BRIGHTSTAR CARE – a full-service health care staffing agency providing both non-medical and medical services.
* It currently has 1,600 job openings across 260 offices in 38 states. It has created 5,237 new jobs and opened 65 new offices since the beginning of 2011
* Top Jobs
- Nurses (approximately 500)
- CAN/home health aides (approximately 500)
-Caregivers (approximately 200, mostly part-time)
-Sales/marketing (approximately 100)
* Targeting expansions in Boston, Seattle, Los Angeles, Dallas, Philadelphia, New York, Miami, Akron/Cleveland, San Diego, Atlanta and Las Vegas
* Each year BrightStar creates 5,000 jobs. It also has plans to create 25,000+ jobs in the next five years.
* Go to www.brightstarcare.com/career-center for more information
ELEMENTS THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE – massage franchise offering massage therapy paired with professional massage therapists
* It currently has approximately 600 openings for the expected 30 new studios to open by the end of the year
* Top Jobs:
-Massage therapists (average salary: $37-45k per year)
-Studio managers ($30-40k per year + bonus)
-Client Services Specialists ($10-12 per hour + bonus)
* While the company offers some disability benefits, a comprehensive benefits program for employees is planned to roll out in 2013.
* The company will open more than 150 new franchise locations across the country in the next 2 years with locations in n New Jersey, Texas, Illinois, Arizona and California
* It is the only massage franchise founded by a licensed massage technician and recently opened its 100th studio. It also has an additional 150 franchise studios
* Go to www.elementsmassage.com for more information
PATRICE & ASSOCIATES – a recruiting engine fueling the restaurant and hospitality industry including restaurants, hotels, casinos, grocery and retail
* Clients have 100+ openings now, Patrice & Associates plans to fill nearly 500+ openings by mid 2013
* Top Jobs
* Salary ranges from $35,00-$75,000 and all recruiters are self-employed, independent contractors
* Another five offices slated to open by the end of the year and another 50 by the end of 2013
* Go to www.patriceandassociates.com for more info
TOPPERS PIZZA – a 46-unit eclectic pizza delivery franchise brand
* It has 12 new store openings with six more scheduled for 2012 creating 25-35 jobs per location for a total of 630 new positions
* The company also plans to open 30 more stores in 2013, which means another 750-1,050 new jobs
* Top Jobs
-General managers ($28-40k+)
- Assistant managers ($8-11 per hour)
- Inside crew/pizza makers/customer service ($8-10 per hour)
- Delivery drivers (min wage +tips)
* Also looking for corporate IT positions specializing in Point of Sale software and apps. Five to eight of these positions per store are available and these jobs receive benefits
* Growing markets include Minnesota, Wisconsin, Texas, Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska, and Cincinnati, Ohio
* Toppers Pizza was ranked in Entrepreneur Magazine’s top 500 franchises in 2011
* Go to www.toppers.com for more information
Cheryl Casone joined FOX Business Network (FBN) in September 2007 as an anchor. She also serves as a financial contributor on FOX News Channel (FNC), and provides weekly job reports. Click here for more information on Cheryl Casone.